What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I change PRTG's snmp port setting ?

Votes:

Dear Sir,

How can I change PRTG's snmp setting ? Our company installed a set on PRTG and snmp port setting on 161 and 162, how we can change them from now to 163,164 ?

And should we need to backup PRTG config firstly, and after we changed to new snmp port setting, how to we migrated it safely?

Steven

prtg snmp wmi

Created on Mar 11, 2015 8:37:11 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Steven

Please open the device settings and have a look at the SNMP Credentials section. It has a field for the SNMP port address.

A backup prior to this change is not required. If you like to backup PRTG's configuration and/or data anyway, please have a look at this article.

Created on Mar 11, 2015 6:05:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 11, 2015 6:05:14 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Sir,

I found PRTG had SIP Options Ping Sensor, can I know more detail information? For example, I make a sip call, can I check the sip call detail flow such as a party -- sip server ---b party call ring,register,ok,bye and so on...

Steven

Created on Mar 19, 2015 5:34:57 AM

Votes:

Dear Steven

Please find more information about that sensor here. The SIP ping sensor only pings, it is not a Quality of service sensor.

For QoS we offer a one way sensor and a round trip sensor.

Created on Mar 19, 2015 10:50:40 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.