New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

200.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

My geo maps are displayed without background. What can I do?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

The geo maps in my PRTG installation are not displayed correctly. Monitoring objects like devices, groups, and probes for which I defined locations show up with their icons in geo maps, but the geographical map background from MapQuest does not appear.

Why is the map background missing? What can I do to display geo maps correctly?

dns dns-resolution geo-maps location mapquest proxy prtg

Created on Mar 11, 2015 2:07:23 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 14 or later

Displaying Geo Maps Correctly with Background

PRTG Geo Maps visualize geographical information about your monitored objects (probes, groups, devices). The icons which show the current status color of these objects appear on the defined location on a geographical map background. If you do not see the geo map background but only the icons of the monitoring objects, please check the following:

Geo Maps and Proxy Servers

Do you use a proxy server? If yes, make sure you properly configured the proxy correctly in the Core & Probes settings in the PRTG system administration. For details about proxy settings, please see PRTG Manual: System Administration—Core Probes

Geo Maps and DNS Servers

Are your DNS servers configured properly? Make sure your DNS servers are configured correctly and resolve Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) successfully. For example, if there is an issue with the DNS server you configured on the server that PRTG runs on, you might also not be able to send the PRTG support bundle or email notifications properly from PRTG. Please investigate DNS resolution in this case.

See Also

Created on Mar 11, 2015 2:09:25 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

If you are using Nokia Maps and currently don't see a map, please read Geo Maps Currently Not Working In PRTG for a temporary work around!

Created on Oct 16, 2017 2:39:02 PM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.