What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ping Timeout 11010 - Unsatisfactory Resolution

Votes:

I have ping timeouts for a couple of my devices. They are pingable from the server with a command prompt, traceable also. There are no network problems, the transit time is 1ms for the ping to return and yet I still have ICMP error 11010. I have read some other people having the same issue but nobody has explained why a sensor that can be pinged from the server cannot be pinged by the console residing on that server.

I have tried many settings, however the settings are not relevant since all my other sensors have the same settings. I have 3 other identical firewalls that respond just fine, only 1 is not coming up.

I need a better explanation than latency or ping count...

11010 icmp ping-error

Created on Mar 12, 2015 12:50:54 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Did you perform the manual ping (from commandline cmd) on the PRTG Host?

Does PRTG also ping the IP as you did? Or does it ping via the hostname?

Created on Mar 13, 2015 1:55:14 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

I can ping both ways from the console cmd. The PRTG uses IP to ping not hostname.

Created on Apr 21, 2015 12:59:35 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Please open the settings tab of the ping sensors in question and select "Send one single Ping".

If the error message still appears, please send some screenshots showing the "Overview", "Log" and "Settings" tab to [email protected] Please refer to this KB-article.

Created on Apr 22, 2015 9:35:11 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.