What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Folder Sensor and Netapp

Votes:

I am trying to monitor a folder located on a NetApp SAN Location. I know there is a requirement that "the "LanmanServer" Windows service must run on the target computer" which NetApp does.

But i am unable to get this to work. I have tried it with an actual server and it works fine but not with a SAN Loacation. I am using PRTG Network Monitor 14.4.12.3332.

I dont even know where to look for errors since in the Log\History I just see changes made to the device\sensor.

Any help is appreciated.

folder lanmanserver netapp

Created on Mar 12, 2015 9:30:55 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Not sure what the issue was yesterday but i went to check it this morning and it is now working. Looks like it may of just been delayed for some reason.

Created on Mar 13, 2015 6:05:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.