What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI File Sensor & Daylight Savings

Votes:

We have a WMI File sensor that monitors the last write time of a file on another server. Since daylight savings, the sensor always reports the file is 1 hour behind. The probe server and the monitored server both have the same time. The probe has been restarted, and the monitored server has been restarted. We've even deleted and recreated the sensor.

How do we get this sensor to report the correct write time on the file?

file-sensor time wmi

Created on Mar 13, 2015 3:00:51 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

What timezone is configured for the user within PRTG in his account? It should be the same as on the PC used for accessing PRTG :)

Created on Mar 17, 2015 11:04:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Changing my timezone did reslove the issue, but now I'm wondering why this is necessary. My timezone is set to Pacific time, so I would expect PRTG to recognize the time change.

Before, PRTG's server, the target server, and the user timezone were all the same, Pacific. Now I have the user timezone set to Arizona, which is technically the wrong timezone, but it fixes the issue.

Am I expected to change the user's timezones every 6 months?

Created on Mar 17, 2015 6:09:28 PM

Votes:

Is Windows on the client PC set to automatically handle daylight saving time?
Then you shouldn't need to do it, actually. Like in the following screenshot
from the time zone settings :

Created on Mar 18, 2015 8:15:13 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.