What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Migrate from one server to another

Votes:

Hi experts,

We have installed PRTG with a license on a server 1 and in another server (server 2) we have installed PRTG too, with the trial version.

I want to know how to activate the same license from server 1 to server 2, I mean, migrate the license from one server to another.

Can I introduce the same license to server 2 and desactivate the license on server 1?

Regards.

migrate migrate-server prtg

Created on Mar 18, 2015 4:08:58 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear user

Please shut down the old server first, then enter the credentials on the new server.

But before you do it, please make sure the commercial version is installed on the new server, even though it might run using a trial license. Trial version cannot be activated with a commercial key. If you log into the webshop account, you find a link for the commercial download.

You can run this installer on your server and update PRTG. The configuration and historic data will be kept.

Created on Mar 19, 2015 2:41:52 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your swift response.

How do I know what kind of version do I have installed? I don´t know if I have a trial o a comercial version.

Regards.

Created on Mar 27, 2015 9:28:52 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Open the PRTG Administrator Tool and click on the Logs & Licence tab. Which version number of the Server Service is displayed on this page?

Best regards

Created on Mar 27, 2015 12:15:05 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

This is whats is displayed:

Versiones instaladas:

Server Service: V14.4.13.3799 Probe Service: V14.4.13.3799 PRTG Administration Tool: V14.4.13.3799

Created on Mar 27, 2015 12:20:18 PM

Votes:

Hi, version V14.4.13.3799 is a freeware / trial edition. You can find the commercial installer in the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\prtg-installer-for-distribution

or download the latest the version from our shop after a login.

Simply use the installer and install it on top of the trial version.

Best regards

Created on Mar 27, 2015 2:22:15 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The file that there's on the folder you indicate it:

PRTG Network Monitor 14.4.13.3799 Setup Freeware and Trial (Stable)

Is this one the commercial version?

Created on Mar 27, 2015 2:27:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.