What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disk Free reads mounted file systems

Votes:

I would like to use the Disk Free probe on several systems that all share mounted file systems from a file server. This file server will also be monitored directly. How do I disable NFS mounts from Disk Free on Linux systems?

linux nfs probe

Created on Mar 19, 2015 5:34:16 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Mcogan

Please allow me to clarify terminology. Do you mean disk free sensor ?

We offer an SSH Disk Free Sensor which shows free space for every mounted partition.

If you like to hide a partition, please create the sensor and then hide the unwanted channels. To hide a channel, click on its gauge to open the channel configuration and select "Hide from Graphs" and "Hide from Tables".

Created on Mar 23, 2015 2:54:30 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I see that as a way to do this. But we are talking about a large number of mounted file systems in /home because we use autofs for these systems. I was hoping to find a more efficient solution than having to remove each and every single mounted file system. My other concern is if an NFS automount drops then later reactivated that I would have to go back and repeat this process.

Created on Mar 23, 2015 2:57:20 PM

Votes:

Dear Mcogan

In this case, please use the SNMP Disk Free sensor or SNMP Linux Disk Free Sensor and change your SNMP configuration on the monitored system accordingly to only monitor the mounts you want.

Created on Mar 24, 2015 3:56:18 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.