What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Process sensor not going to error

Votes:

We are monitoring some processes to see how many instances there are and how many ressources they consume. Sometimes these processes are not running, but this is not an error, it just Means the software is closed, and we do not want to get a warning or error message for this reason. How do I configure the sensor for WMI Process to NOT go in error state just because the Process is not running.

The error we get is : Could not log in using the specified credentials. Please make sure they are not only valid for the target system, but for the probe system aswell. (Performance Counter error 0xB0000004)

process prtg wmi

Created on Mar 20, 2015 8:34:32 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Do you get this error only when the process isn't running? This error is saying that the sensor cannot access the WMI or Performance Counter system on the Windows server and usually arises when monitoring a computer that is not in the domain.

If this error is only being presented when the process is not running, then something is not configured correctly with the sensor itself.

Created on Mar 24, 2015 7:21:57 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

As soon as the processes are running, the error disappears and we get all the needed information about the process (handles, instances, threads, used memory, CPU power used and much much more) - we just don't want an error/warning because it is unable to locate the proces.

Created on Mar 24, 2015 11:58:48 AM

Votes:

I will need to speak with the developer about this issue. I will let you know what I find out.

Created on Mar 24, 2015 8:08:18 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Because of the way this sensor works, it won't be possible to stop these errors from happening but you could set the sensor up to either auto-acknowledge when they go into error mode or to automatically pause.

Created on Mar 27, 2015 2:57:13 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.