What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I customize the Alert-Box on my map?

Votes:

found matching columns in ...\webroot\alarms.htm in line 15 and reduced it to columns="downtimesince,probegroupdevice,message"

without any result. wrong htm-file? do I need to restart any service? prtg-server is online and want to avoid downtimes, otherwise I would have given it a try ...

alerts box customize

Created on Mar 20, 2015 11:03:38 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Changes to map objects require some knowledge in css and html.

These changes can be done in the styles_custom.css in the directory

PRTG Installation Folder\webroot\css

If you for example want to change the map object Data Tables > Alarms copy the content of the file

PRTG Installation Folder\webroot\mapobjects\tableA0.htm

in a new file and change the top line to e.g.

<!--Data Tables: Custom Alarms-->

and change the div class from

<div class="map_object map_table" .....

to

<div class="map_object map_table customalarms_biggerfont" .....

Afterwards, you can edit the styles.custom.css and add

.customalarms_biggerfont td {
	font-size: 18px !important;
}

You can replace the 18 by any number to change the font size. Now you can add the new object Custom Alerts to your map. I recommend to disable the Automatic Scaling option in the map settings to avoid overlaps.

Created on Mar 26, 2015 12:38:49 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

EDIT: I use the datatable ALERT

oh and by the way ... how / where do I change the font-size of that table?

Created on Mar 20, 2015 2:33:06 PM

Votes:

Hi Matthias,

I would recommend to create a new custom map object, as changes to the existing objects might be overwritten with future updates. Please have a look at this article to create your own custom map object.

Adding new map objects does not require a restart of the services, a refresh of the page will also work.

Best regards

Created on Mar 25, 2015 1:22:42 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah, that's what I'm trying. Have a custom map ready and don't know how / which htm-file I need to edit to adjust the general font-size of all objects on the map. Ist a 1920x1080 map shown on a 42 inch TV in the admin office. I sit right next to the tv and the size is okay, but 20 feet away it's pretty hard to read the object names ...

My guess was the \webroot\alarms.htm, but after your post I checked the columns of the (lets say) main alarm table I can open by the alarms-button upper right ...

So now I wonder how to edit font-size in my map.

Created on Mar 25, 2015 3:53:34 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Changes to map objects require some knowledge in css and html.

These changes can be done in the styles_custom.css in the directory

PRTG Installation Folder\webroot\css

If you for example want to change the map object Data Tables > Alarms copy the content of the file

PRTG Installation Folder\webroot\mapobjects\tableA0.htm

in a new file and change the top line to e.g.

<!--Data Tables: Custom Alarms-->

and change the div class from

<div class="map_object map_table" .....

to

<div class="map_object map_table customalarms_biggerfont" .....

Afterwards, you can edit the styles.custom.css and add

.customalarms_biggerfont td {
	font-size: 18px !important;
}

You can replace the 18 by any number to change the font size. Now you can add the new object Custom Alerts to your map. I recommend to disable the Automatic Scaling option in the map settings to avoid overlaps.

Created on Mar 26, 2015 12:38:49 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.