New Question

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use.
Easy to manage.

200.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free PRTG
Download >>

What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I share my self-written PRTG script/program with other PRTG users?

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

I wrote my own script/program and created a new custom sensor, new custom notifications, or a new website styling for PRTG. I would like to share my code with other PRTG users.

How can I do this?

custom-script-exe custom-sensor knowledge-base prtg prtg-script-world script script-world

Created on Mar 23, 2015 8:51:09 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 20, 2017 1:32:47 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

PRTG Script World

We collect free useful scripts, plugins, and add-ons for PRTG on PRTG Script World. There you can already find many scripts by dedicated PRTG customers around the world and by the Paessler team. If you have written your own custom sensor, notification, or any other custom code for PRTG, you are welcome to share it on PRTG Script World!

1. Open the PRTG Script World in your browser: https://www.paessler.com/script-world
  2. Click Submit your script.
  3. Provide your name, email address (required), and information about your script in the submit form.
    1. You need to provide a link to your project where you host your code. We recommend that you use GitHub, ideally under an open source license.
    2. Please do not forget to provide a short description: what is the purpose of your script and how does it work? Please also ensure your script is documented on GitHub (or rather on the platform you host it).
  4. Click Submit to share your script with us. Our technical support team will check your script and add it to the PRTG Script World.

Alternatively, you can still publish your custom code in our Knowledge Base. Please see the guide below.

How to Publish a Script for PRTG in the Paessler Knowledge Base

To share your script/program with other PRTG users, just create an article in the Paessler Knowledge Base. Our Knowledge Base is the place where PRTG users and the PRTG team meet and share their knowledge.

In short, these are the steps to follow:

1. Create a Paessler Knowledge Base account
  2. Create a Paessler Knowledge Base article

More precisely, this is what you do:

1. Create an Account for the Paessler Knowledge Base

If you already have a Paessler Knowledge Base account, skip step 1 and start directly with step 2. If you don't have an account yet, please register on http://kb.paessler.com/en/.

2. Create an Article in the Paessler Knowledge Base

A Paessler Knowledge Base article comprises two parts: a question part and an answer part. This structure helps people to better understand the subject.

Start with "Ask question"

Imagine somebody likes to know how to do exactly the thing you can provide the answer for.

• You created a new sensor or Mini Probe? Ask a question like How can I monitor [my custom feature] in PRTG?
  • You created a script/program for custom notifications? Ask a question like How can PRTG notify me [in my custom way]?
  • You created a script for a new PRTG web GUI styling? Ask a question like How can I make PRTG display data [in my custom website style]?

Give a short context where your script/program fits in. Don't forget to set some tags: With these keywords other users can find your article more easily.

Continue with "Add reply"

Please write

• what your script/program does,
  • what users have to do to get your program running, if there are specific requirements,
  • if and why users should be careful with something concerning your script/program.

Provide your script/program source in the code snippet format using 3 left curly brackets before your code and 3 right curly brackets after your code.

The code snippet format looks like this.

The article preview always shows you the changes you make instantly.

Note: Please understand that you cannot upload executable binaries on our websites for security reasons. If you upload a binary or script file to a third-party website (for example GitHub), we recommend that you create a Knowledge Base article where you describe your contribution and link to it. Nevertheless, put a copy of your source in your article, if possible. This way you make sure that all users can find it in the Paessler Knowledge Base.

Note: Every article must be approved by a member of the Paessler team. So don't worry, if you don't see your article immediately published. As always we will take care about your concerns as quickly as possible.

Helpful hints

Created on Mar 23, 2015 10:06:51 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 20, 2017 1:35:27 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.