What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

3PAR

Votes:

H,

i want check the 3PAR with cli, i found this script for nagios. It is possibile to use for prtg?

https://github.com/kishikawa/3par/blob/master/check_3par here is the script.

Thx

3par prtg ssh

Created on Mar 25, 2015 8:18:59 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

How about using the MIB file from the 3PAR admin tools CD.

Convert the MIB to a OIDLIB using Paesslers MIB converter. In PRTG, you will add an SNMP Library sensor and use the new OIDLIB file.

For more details on converting MIB files to OIDLIB files please see https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/733-how-can-i-import-my-mib-files-into-prtg

Created on Mar 25, 2015 12:53:55 PM

Votes:

No function, because 3PAR use a trap, and the beta sensor no function. The powershell script is the unique possibility to check the status.

Created on Mar 27, 2015 1:40:48 PM

Votes:

Dear all

Is there in meantime any option to monitor a HP 3PAR 8200 System with SNMP ? Does somebody have some experience with this issues. Does it work with and MIB Files and converting to OIDLIB Files ?

@ PRTG Support : Are any HP 3PAR Sensors planned ?

Thanks for any help

Created on Feb 8, 2016 3:57:33 PM

Votes:

Currently, there are no plans for 3PAR storage servers. The only way to go here would be to test the SSH SAN sensors or the trap receiver sensors. The former one might not work as its not tested for comptability with the 3PARs.

Created on Feb 9, 2016 1:33:33 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am also interested in 3PAR sensors

Created on Aug 20, 2016 6:26:52 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately, as stated in the 3par MIB:

Index to access entries in alert table. However, the table is empty most of the time because the entry is deleted after sending the trap

This means that regular SNMP GET monitoring won't work, importing the MIB won't help. You may want to try the TRAPS approach:

The other alternative would be to create a custom script which interacts with the 3par in a different way (HTTP API, SSH, etc)

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Dec 30, 2016 8:49:27 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Feb 28, 2023 2:48:48 PM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We have recently developed a pack of 6 sensors for HPE 3Par.
Have a look at our website

Best regards, Yigal, KMC Technologies

Created on Dec 2, 2017 1:55:53 PM

Last change on Dec 4, 2017 8:35:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I am also interested in 3PAR sensors. We have some 3par Systems and we need to monitor them.

Created on Apr 23, 2018 8:09:51 AM

Votes:

I am also interested in 3 par sensors.

Created on May 23, 2018 7:11:49 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.