What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Historical report during business hours only

Votes:

Dear support,

Is it possible to generate a report over several days that only includes data from business hours like : 07:00-18:00 and ignore data generated during the night ?

We realize that taking the time outside business hours, is badly affecting the average values, it would be very convenient to have a way to do that.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

H.Hirt

historic-data prtg reporting traffic

Created on Mar 26, 2015 8:42:34 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

In the report settings under Period ("What time span will the report cover"), you have the option Report Only for Specific Hours-of-Day (Schedule). The schedule selected there will affect the time span of the report. You can create new schedules under
Setup > Account Settings > Schedules.

Further information about schedules can be found in the manual :)

Created on Mar 26, 2015 10:36:13 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, I created a schedule and I applied that on a node, but when I try to generate traffic from the past (historical data) with this enabled I don't have the feeling it is taken in consideration.

Can't we avoid a part of data already generated and create a report from it?

Thanks

Created on Mar 27, 2015 9:31:32 AM

Votes:

What makes you think it isn't considered? Can you post a screenshot from the configuration of the report and the schedule you're using?

Holzmanno Hirt wrote:
Can't we avoid a part of data already generated and create a report from it?

That's basically what the schedule should do :) But I'll have to look at the config in order to make sure it's set up correctly.

Created on Mar 30, 2015 8:11:02 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

With please but, can't we upload some images directly here?

I see that I can link images from the web, but would be easier if I can upload them in the post directly...

thanks

Created on Mar 30, 2015 11:34:57 AM

Votes:

You can upload images to a hosting service (like imgur.com) and post it like this: {{http://imageurl|Image description}}

Created on Mar 30, 2015 11:47:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Here you go :

To generate them I go on the device, then settings, then under schedules/dependencies I select the schedule I created and save.

I go after on Historical reports and generate the report.

If I do the same without selecting a schedule the graph looks exactly the same, and this is I believe not normal...Do I something wrong ?

schedule settings

schedule on

graph with schedule on

graph with schedule off

schedule off

Created on Mar 30, 2015 1:21:48 PM

Votes:

Ah! :) You can't select a schedule there. You actually changed the time for the sensor to be active (i.e. is monitored). If you want the report to only include the times in the schedule, you have to create a new report that features the schedule. See my first post for configuration details :)

Created on Mar 30, 2015 2:13:00 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks no it is clear :)

Created on Mar 30, 2015 6:15:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.