What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG DOESNT SHOW OUTBOUND TRAFFIC

Votes:

I have migrated from my cisco 7200 router to cisco 6504. When I created the sensors I am getting both inbound and outbound traffic in main physical interface but when I created sensors on sub interfaces I am getting only inbound traffic, outbound traffic is not showing.

cisco-6504 not-showing outbound-traffic prtg sub-interface

Created on Mar 31, 2015 9:34:46 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

hello,

here is a list of OIDs we are using for the traffic sensors

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/26783-oids-of-traffic-sensors

please use our free SNMP tester and scan against those interfaces using the Out Traffic OIDs.

What do you get?

https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

what does the tester show when you scan for available interfaces?

maybe reply to [email protected] to open a support ticket.

Created on Apr 1, 2015 11:14:10 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for the reply. I can see the interfaces and getting inbound trafic. and its working fine both outbound and inbound in all other devices also. Only this device is having issue. SO i believe the issue should be something related to specific device. And I can see the outbound traffic when I ping point to point also. But it is not showing the general traffic.

Created on Apr 2, 2015 7:05:57 AM

Votes:

Maybe open a ticket wit Cisco and check if this is a known issue or if they can help.

Created on Apr 2, 2015 9:26:33 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks

Created on Apr 2, 2015 12:54:16 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.