What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

prtg master 64bits, slave 32bits

Votes:

Hi All

I've got an "ticket" that my cluster is in mixed mode. I did do a check and I saw that both of my systems are running on a Windows 2008R2 64bits system. My master-PRTG is 64bits, but the slave is 32bits.

How can I upgrade my slave to run on 64bits? I already did do some version-upgrade of my master and my slave is also getting updated, but it stay's on 32bit.

Hope someone can help me how to solve this

Best Regards Dave

32bit-to-64-bit cluster mixed-mode update

Created on Apr 2, 2015 11:28:20 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

If you install the latest version over the version currently running and your slave server has more than 6GB of RAM the 64 bit version is installed automatically. Only the core server part is 64bit! The probe part is still 32bit and will stay that way! You can check on the PRTG Status page if the 64 bit version is used. PRTG Version should say x64 at the end.

Created on Apr 3, 2015 11:03:41 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

My Slave as a 2GB -machine so I did do an upgrade of memory, downloaded and installed an update and now everything is 64bit.

Thanx

Created on Apr 7, 2015 11:20:28 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.