What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Report Customization

Votes:

When using Sensor List Report Template, It is likely that there are page breaks in some of the sensor cells when exporting PDF. Is it possible to limit the <@loop> iteration to, for example, 6 sensor entries and then get a page break when printing to PDF? or any html elements we could use to the PDF engine PRTG using so that we could get a page break?

customize prtg reports

Created on Apr 8, 2015 6:30:08 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I used the below command and its working for me:

<table style="page-break-before: always; page-break-after: always;">
  <tr style="page-break-inside: avoid;">
  </tr>
</table>

Created on Jan 17, 2016 10:56:32 PM

Last change on Jan 18, 2016 6:20:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Eric,

You can customize the reports. Navigate to the PRTG installation directory which is

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\reporttemplates

by default. Open the report of interest with an editor of your choice and change the number in the second line

<!--10-->

This is the maximal number of sensors which will force a page break. You might also want to create a custom report to avoid an overwrite due to an update. Please have a look here for a detailed guide.

Best regards

Created on Apr 9, 2015 1:17:10 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Support,

Thanks for your answer, but this variable would break the PDF, not a page break. We would like to have 1 PDF file, but limit the sensor number on each page to show, like 5 sensors from the sensorlist template on each page.

It would be quite tedious for our staff to download all parts of a template and then use third party software to combine the PDF files. Therefore we are looking into any customization in the template.

Created on Apr 9, 2015 2:23:52 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I used the below command and its working for me:

<table style="page-break-before: always; page-break-after: always;">
  <tr style="page-break-inside: avoid;">
  </tr>
</table>

Created on Jan 17, 2016 10:56:32 PM

Last change on Jan 18, 2016 6:20:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.