What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to get a map replicated to another website in a DMZ zone

Votes:

I have a running PRTG installation with a couple of maps on my internal network. Now I would like to get theses maps replicated to another website in our DMZ zone for external viewonly access

Is there a method to push maps via a service/script/setup?

dmz maps push website

Created on Apr 8, 2015 10:48:47 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found a solution or workaround to my problem. At http://phantomjs.org/ you can download a small program that enables you to create a "Screen capture" of a web page. The beauty of this solution is that you can schedule a command file executing the program and creating a .png file Then the rest is just moving the .png file to the desired destination

Created on Apr 15, 2015 1:12:05 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Did you click on the "Get HTML" already when viewing the MAP?

You would need an external page which includes the MAP as an Iframe or via a proxy functionality...

Created on Apr 9, 2015 10:41:58 AM

Votes:

Yes, the map via HTML function works perfect But I need to precent the result on a different website placed in a DMZ zone and are not allowed to use "PULL" to get the data to DMZ website So I need a function that can run on the PRTG installation and PUSH the map "picture" every 1 minute

Created on Apr 9, 2015 11:54:47 AM

Votes:

I can not think of a built-in nor an external script that could do this for you in this direction, sorry.

Created on Apr 9, 2015 6:35:28 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found a solution or workaround to my problem. At http://phantomjs.org/ you can download a small program that enables you to create a "Screen capture" of a web page. The beauty of this solution is that you can schedule a command file executing the program and creating a .png file Then the rest is just moving the .png file to the desired destination

Created on Apr 15, 2015 1:12:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.