What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Display list of open tickets in a map

Votes:

Hi, we would really like to display a list of open tickets on one of our maps. Just can't figure how to do this. Is this possible using the API? Although a more straight forward way would be good too.

api maps tickets

Created on Apr 8, 2015 12:27:32 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

you can do this by adding a custom HTML Object.

1. Find the link to the Tickets:
    • Tickets -> All Tickets -> Open
    • Click on the "Show tabel in new Window" link. (the 2 small windows in the top right corner).
    • Copy the link from the adressbar of your browser.
  2. Add the tickets to the map:
    • Open your map in the map designer
    • Add a custom HTML object
    • Select the object
    • click on the small triangle below HTML to get the HTML before/after input fields.
    • in the before paste: "<iframe width="1300" height="700" frameborder="1" src="your-link from 1.">"
    • in the after paste: "</iframe>

I hope this helped.

Created on Apr 9, 2015 10:39:38 AM

Last change on Apr 9, 2015 11:27:14 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, thanks for the solution.

I'd never used the 'show table in new window' link before, very useful. I got this to work as you described but it still leaves me with a not quite complete resolution - I should have said, this is for display in the public view of a map. I note the tickets page needs someone to be logged in for it to be displayed. Is there a way to accomplish this in a public map view?

Regards

Created on Apr 21, 2015 3:15:13 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is not possible as tickets are always connected to a unique ID and user account, so they cannot be displayed on a public map.

Best regards

Created on Apr 23, 2015 1:02:20 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.