What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to edit PRTG database?

Votes:

Sometimes PRTG WMI CPU Sensor will report values as high as 9,600%, invalidating all the historic graph data due to the incorrect graph scaling. I have seen this in more than one WMI CPU Sensor and will need a workaround to edit this values in order to correct these otherwise unvaluable CPU usage graphs.

Regards, Federico

cpu-load high-values wmi

Created on Apr 8, 2015 1:41:09 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried enabling the Spike Filter in the sensors channel settings?

Created on Apr 8, 2015 3:07:36 PM

Votes:

Thank you very much! That seems to do the trick for live and 2 days graphs - I suppose the spikes on 30 days and 365 days graphs will be removed once they are updated.

Regards, Federico

Created on Apr 9, 2015 2:51:33 PM

Votes:

I have tried to enable the spike filter on the Total channel (min 0% - max 100%) but 30-days & 365-days graphs still have spikes above 100%. Should I wait for PRTG to update graphs or restart it?

Created on Apr 9, 2015 3:08:55 PM

Votes:

Recalculation is done in the background and can take some time, so I would wait until the graphs are updated.

Created on Apr 9, 2015 6:01:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.