What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

problems to monitor an IBM x3550 M4 server

Votes:

Hi there,

I´ve tried several times this task and I can not get a good result. Could anyone give me a hand?

We need to manage the hardware with some alarms; the HDs, the fans, etc.

We are using PRTG 14.4.X.X.X and related to the IBM server side we are using IMM(II), as a kind of firmware to manage the server hard at a very low level.

I experienced some trouble when trying to add more sensors to this device and after having rechecked your KB I dowloaded the latest MIB from IBM, I used your "translator" to snmp and I saved the resulting MIB in your standard prtg software library; besides, I saved the results got with your tool as "OID Lib". I re-started the core PRTG server service and tried again with the same IBM device, selecting the options, "customised" and "snmp" along with the "specific" IBM oid lib but we get the following error message: "No response" ( Check the firewall, the ....) error 2003" I´ve re-re-checked the community, the net path devices, ... and I found nothing else. Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Ijorge

ibm mib snmp-sensor systems-director

Created on Apr 8, 2015 2:38:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
please download the SNMP Tester and check the IBM server you cannot connect for Uptime and Available Standard Interfaces. What results do you get?

Created on Apr 10, 2015 11:42:09 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.