What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

notifications

Votes:

I use PRTG in evaluation version and am very happy with it, I have a question, or possibly a feature request.

We now use a different network monitoring product, but this product is end-of-live, and must be replaced.

In our current product can I link shemas to users. I can also create a group of users with different schemas. By sending a notification to those groups the notification is sent only to those users during their working hours.

To provide the same functionality in PRTG I need two notifications with different schedules and groups.

This is not desirable for management purposes

If this not supported in your product may be you can ask as my feature request treat?

feature-request groups notification-email scheme

Created on Apr 9, 2015 9:54:08 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

you can setup notification schedules. So you can e.g. have several timeframe called admin-shift1, admin-shift2 etc. Then you can create notifications for all the admin-groups, admin-group1 with schedule admin-shift1 etc.. Of course you then need to setup several notifications on the group/device/library..

Created on Apr 9, 2015 1:36:27 PM

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid in PRTG this has to be done with several notifications (on different schedules then). We do not plan changes in this area. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on Apr 9, 2015 2:35:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

My problem with this two answers is the need of a several notifications,

When a change of notification is needed in the future there is a great change to forget one or more notifications.

Although I regret that the feature request is rejected immediately I still like the product very much.

best regards

Peter

Created on Apr 10, 2015 8:12:00 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.