What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Creating Custom Template for Traffic Sensor

Votes:

Hello, I've been creating and modifying templates from \webroot\reporttemplates and \webroot\reporttemplates\details in order to get reports from different switches. Now I need to get a table report on average traffic and max. traffic on those interfaces.

So far I got the report to give me the table with device, sensor, and average traffic. I also added the graph...where I can see the max (and min) average traffic from whatever period of time I want...thing is I need the max average traffic as text, so I can copy paste everything to excel.

Can anyone tell me how to get a text output for the max average traffic? Is there a way to do that?

bandwidth custom-report report sensor traffic

Created on Apr 10, 2015 7:45:47 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Felix, in the end I found a way to get the output I needed by modifying a different template, the one that gives a detail of the 60 highest (and lowest) traffic sensors.

I programmed it to a higher number than 60...a number I know is higher than the amount of sensors I will actually request an output for, then erased the lowest sensors part of the template, and modified the columns of the highest sensors part, leaving only the identifiers I needed, "average", "maximum", etc.

I'll try your advice too, it certainly sounds neater and easier than what I did.

Thank you very much for your response.

Created on Apr 15, 2015 6:43:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

This cannot be achieved with the report function of PRTG. Nevertheless, you can use the Data Extractor Tool to export data to a MS SQL Server, or use the API to export the raw data to a csv-file and use a script to calculate the maximal average value.

Please have a look at Setup > PRTG API > Historic Data for the documentation of the API.

Best regards

Created on Apr 15, 2015 9:37:20 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Felix, in the end I found a way to get the output I needed by modifying a different template, the one that gives a detail of the 60 highest (and lowest) traffic sensors.

I programmed it to a higher number than 60...a number I know is higher than the amount of sensors I will actually request an output for, then erased the lowest sensors part of the template, and modified the columns of the highest sensors part, leaving only the identifiers I needed, "average", "maximum", etc.

I'll try your advice too, it certainly sounds neater and easier than what I did.

Thank you very much for your response.

Created on Apr 15, 2015 6:43:40 PM

Votes:

Hi, Thanks for sharing this solution with us, that's indeed advanced!

Created on Apr 16, 2015 8:29:20 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.