What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hardware Status Warnings - VMware Host Hardware Status (SOAP) Sensor

Votes:

I have several HP DL580 G7 Servers that give bogus Hardware warnings. All of the warnings are for hardware that doesn't exist on the system. For example, the server has 4 power supplies and I get a warning for power supply 5. The server has 8 memory "cards" and I get an alert about "card" 9's 'Correctable ECC logging limit reached - Unknown'.

It seems like PRTG might be receiving erroneous information from VMware, but I'm not sure how to change things. I have no warnings in vSphere or the ESXi Host about these issues. The Hardware Status tab for the machine is all green. I don't want to disable the probe, but I'm not sure I'd pay attention to it if there was a viable alert there since it always shows a warning.

We're running the latest version of PRTG according to Autoupdate. We're also running ESXi 5.5 Update 2 with the latest patches.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

esxi hardware-monitoring prtg soap

Created on Apr 13, 2015 10:48:33 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

I will contact you via email regarding this issue.

Best regards

Created on Apr 15, 2015 11:52:33 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Maybe the problems resolves changing the configuration of the bios. Can you check if the bios of the system show the same wrong data?

Best Regards

Elvira

Created on Apr 20, 2015 10:00:46 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.