What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Cluster - licensing

Votes:

I just want to confirm that if I select the cluster option for PRTG and I have 2 sites for monitoring, licensing will not be affected for this; for instance if I have a 500 sensors license and I have 2 installations of the software the licensing will not be split in two.

cluster licensing prtg

Created on Apr 14, 2015 9:23:31 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

If you have a 500 Sensor license, you are allowed to have one additional failover node. Note that this won't be a standalone PRTG server. It's another instance that monitors exactly the same devices and sensors in your network if the core server is not working anymore for whatever reason.

But you can install unlimited remote probes. The 500 sensors can then be installed on the probe any way you want. You choose where to install your sensors.

Created on Apr 15, 2015 8:49:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What license do I need to have 2 additional failover nodes? is there a matrix table for this?

Regards

Created on Apr 15, 2015 2:59:28 PM

Votes:

Only the Freeware and the Corporate Country (deprecated) licenses support multiple failover nodes (up to 5 in each cluster).

Please see FAQs for PRTG for more information about all available licenses.

Created on Apr 16, 2015 6:20:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 20, 2016 12:34:10 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.