What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Disk Free error display neg numbers

Votes:

I have 2 servers that are similar. They are HP DL 385. Each has an 11TB ext4 file system mounted under the /data directory. Currently there is 6+TB free on each system.

My problem is that the snmp disk free sensor reports 0% free space on both servers /data filesystem. In fact the minimum value column in the sensor reads with a negative number.

How do I troubleshoot this and fix??

Thanks --Kenny

disk-free monitoring snmp-sensor

Created on Apr 15, 2015 4:53:53 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Negative numbers? In that case, would you please forward a mail including screenshots of this, as well as the settings page of the sensor, and any potentially other descriptive screenshots, as well as a full support bundle to [email protected]?

Created on Apr 16, 2015 10:58:40 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi there,

This is rather old, but I didn't want to leave this unanswered. Please refer to this post:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Feb 9, 2017 11:31:35 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.