What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Server 2012 Sflow

Votes:

I was running PRTG on my local machine fine. Sflow was working fine. We moved it to a new server, fresh build 2012R2 since that move Sflow has stopped working. Either its not picking the data up at all or I am getting could not bind socket, address and port already in use. I did go into the routers and switches and repoint them to the new server. I have no explanation as to why this broke. If I can run 2200 monitors on my local win7 box, I didnt think I would have any issues with a much bigger server. Not sure what happened here.

server2012 sflow socket-error

Created on Apr 17, 2015 7:54:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

so I figured this out. even after directing the Sflow traffic to the new IP I wasnt getting any data from the routers and switches. I had to delete the SFlow sensor and add it back it. After that it worked fine

Created on Apr 20, 2015 3:38:43 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.