What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cluster Architecture

Votes:

Hello,

I have an Exchange server that i would like to supervise, but in reality it's 2 servers in cluster, so if only 1 server is down my exchange should be still up.

Is it posible to link my 2 servers, to just have an email alert for example but with still an up signal to all my architecture.

I would like to have a Down status for all my architecture only if users can't send email (for me 1 server is suppose to become an exchange if the 2 nd server is down).

Thank you,

Stagiaire2.

cluster link supervision

Created on Apr 21, 2015 9:59:42 AM

7 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

On the one hand you can use a Sensor Factory Sensor end create an error condition like for example

(Status(ID1) AND Status(ID2))

This way the sensor will just go down if both devices are down.

Furthermore, you can for example use the Email Round Trip which will still work even if one server is down.

Best regards

Created on Apr 22, 2015 12:50:05 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 22, 2023 11:01:35 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply,

My problem is that i have still an error because a device read the worst sensor value. I know that we can Auto-Acknowledge a sensor, but if i follow the manual, it didn't work.

Indeed my URL displays : "This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

Do you have a solution?

Stagiaire2.

Created on Apr 24, 2015 8:59:41 AM

Votes:

Could you please forward the URL you are trying to use for the Auto-Acknowledgement?

Created on Apr 24, 2015 9:30:43 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is "https://127.0.0.1/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=username&passhash=passhash"

I am with the free version, i will apply that in a real server when it will work.

Created on Apr 24, 2015 9:44:49 AM

Last change on Apr 24, 2015 12:22:01 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I guess this belongs to a wrong passhash, please check the passhash for this user here: Setup > System Administration > User Accounts and remove the quotation marks from the URL.

Best regards

Created on Apr 24, 2015 12:34:10 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is not the problem, i just added the quotation marks by myself and i think that it is the board administrateur who deleted my real username and my real passhash.

I tested with an other user or with an account that does not exist and there is always the same error messages.

So i am confused.

Created on Apr 27, 2015 7:39:03 AM

Votes:

Hi,

It was me editing the password as I wanted to hide it for security reasons. You used &passhash=YourPassword instead of the passhash value displayed on the user account page Setup > System Administration > User Accounts". Please do also make sure that the web server is listening on the IP address 127.0.0.1 in the PRTG Administrator Tool. Otherwise exchange the IP with the internal IP address of the PRTG Server.

Best regards

Created on Apr 27, 2015 4:30:19 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.