What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hiding Specific Device/Sensor from list of Downed Sensors

Votes:

Hi guys,

We're well on the way with customising/modifying maps and objects, however, I can't work out if it is possible to exclude a specific device/sensor from the list of downed sensors.

I can understand why people may think this is a bad idea, but we want the list of down sensors to only really show the high priority downs...

The sensor/device I'm trying to exclude is our Veeam backup sensors/server. We have PRTG monitoring the job state, and we don't necessarily want the failed jobs to appear in the downed sensors list, as the backup states are displayed elsewhere.

I modified the downed list to exclude Acknowledged Downs, but is it possible to exclude a specific sensor/device?

Appreciate your help, James

custom down exclude prtg sensor server

Created on Apr 24, 2015 7:56:19 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

That's possible when you add specific tags to them. Modify the data table object like this:

columns="sensor,status,lastvalue,minigraph,priority,favorite,probegroupdevice,message"
sortby="probegroupdevice"
infoheader="false"
links="false"
sortable="false"
varexpand="tabletitle"
tabletitle="@tabletitle"
filter_tags="@tag(-DontShowInErrorTable)"
filter_status="5"

Have a look at the second last line. It implies that objects that have the tag DontShowInErrorTable won't be listed in the table :)

Created on Apr 24, 2015 2:11:58 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Perfect, thanks!

Created on Apr 24, 2015 3:26:35 PM

Votes:

Is this still valid for current versions of PRTG? I can not find a way to edit map obejcts in this fashion.

Created on Jul 26, 2017 3:17:22 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

You need to modify the actual .htm file located in <PRTG Application folder>\webroot\mapobjects.
They can't be edited within the map editor.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 27, 2017 6:02:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.