What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dell PowerVault IO Latency

Votes:

Hello, I have PRTG 15.2.16.2220 and Dell PowerVault MDi Log. Disk Sensor. How can i add Current/Average "IO Latency" channel to this sensor?

dell latency prtg

Created on Apr 28, 2015 2:23:42 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I´m afraid, the Dell PowerVault MDi Logical Disk Sensor can not read the Current/Average "IO Latency" value. Could you please perform the following steps, so we can implement this into the sensor:

Open the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\storage\SMclient -> Path

on the machine where the Dell Modular Disk Storage Manager to find out the path of the SMcli.exe file.

Please try running the sMcli.exe file from the command line and send over the results of both commands to [email protected]:

<path>\SMcli.exe <host> -c “<command>” –quick -S –e

Possible commands:

'show allControllers summary; show allVirtualDisks summary;'; 'show virtualDisk ["""<diskname>"""] performanceStats;'

Please refer to this KB post.

Created on Apr 30, 2015 11:25:35 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for sending the results.

We will add your hint on our wishlist, so we can consider it for future releases of PRTG. For more information on how we handle feature requests, please have a look at the blog article

Created on May 7, 2015 8:42:16 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Any news about "Latency" channel implementing?

Created on Sep 20, 2016 9:47:56 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately not due to low demand from other customers. Sorry!

Created on Sep 20, 2016 11:03:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.