What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetFlow statistics (number of flows per day)

Votes:

Please implement statistics where I can have number of flows per day.

netflow prtg statistics

Created on Apr 29, 2015 6:46:58 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Please allow me to ask for which purpose do you need this information to evaluate if this is a benefit for the administrators using PRTG.

Best regards

Created on May 1, 2015 6:22:25 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Purpose: conform local regulations. Other purpose: application performance monitoring.

Please consider these: 1) time frame must be customizable (per second, per minute, per hour, per day, custom interval) 2) filters based on source and destination IP address.

Imagine you are tasked to: show me number of flows per day from last month where source is our LAN segment and destination is our application servers.

As I wrote in my first feature request, this is crucial for any serious job with NetFlow.

Created on May 1, 2015 2:59:21 PM

Votes:

Hi,

I added your inquiry to our wish list for new feature requests. Please have a look here to see how we rate and handle requests.

Best regards

Created on May 4, 2015 6:48:57 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.