What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Install Remote Probe

Votes:

Hello,

I would like to install a new Probe with this tutorial: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/remote_probe_quick_install

Step 1 is ok: I have no firewall and in System Administration "Probe Connection IPs"="All IPs available on this computer ; "Allow IPs"="the name of my laptop" ; RPC is up.

Step 3: I have my laptop with 1 sensor ping so i can see him.

Step 4: I clic on "Install Remote Probe on "mylaptop"" and at the end it tells me: "Done. Result is: OK"

BUT, if i look my dashboard, nothing has changed, my probe is not present.

So impossible for me to do the Step 5.

Could you help me please?

installation probe prtg remote-probe

Created on Apr 30, 2015 12:25:27 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Did you acknowledge the probe within the device tree? It'll look like this:

title

Just hit approve and you'll be able to use the probe properly :)

Created on May 4, 2015 11:54:46 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 8, 2018 4:33:08 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Although i have no error messages, i can't approve the new probe because it does not offer.

Created on May 4, 2015 12:30:51 PM

Votes:

Can you check the probe log for possible errors regarding the probe in question? It's located under Logs > System Events > Probe Related - anything suspicious there?

Created on May 4, 2015 1:15:41 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Nothing about my new probe in " Logs > System Events > Probe Related".

I try to install my new probe in a laptop next to me to test. In few days i would like to do that with my paid version in an other country (i am currently with the free version).

Tell me if you need more information.

Created on May 4, 2015 1:43:05 PM

Votes:

I gotta take a look at the log files. Could you send us a support bundle? Additionally, please also send the logs from the remote probe (they're located under C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)\, on the probe system). Thanks!

Created on May 5, 2015 8:02:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to add a new remote probe and I installed it. However in the logs and in the device tree there is no sign of it. What can I do?

Created on Aug 7, 2018 9:03:12 PM

Votes:

When opening up https://<ip-of-your-core-server>:23560/ on the remote probe, do you get an actual handshake error message, complaining about the probe version being incompatible? This indicates that the actual connection works. If you don't get this error, please open up a support request via [email protected] as we're able to help better with some logs of your systems :) Please also provide us with the logs of the remote probe (C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)).

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 8, 2018 6:37:49 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.