What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Server Logins

Votes:

How can I monitor when anyone in my organization has logged into a certain server and revive a notification?

login monitoring prtg

Created on May 5, 2015 8:13:01 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Have you seen this thread about monitoring the event log already? You could use it to filter for login events and even alert you if a certain user logs in with the ErrorStrings/WarningStrings parameter. The ID of login events would be 4624 :)

Created on May 6, 2015 9:19:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This can be done using the UsersLoggedinXML sensor.

It retrieves the users logged in to a specified Windows computer and parses the data as a multichannel result to PRTG.

Parameters:

-c=	 DNSName or IP-Address of the computer to monitor. 
 -a=	 Optional comma separated list of accounts to monitor.
         (i.e. -a=Administrator,John,Mike )
 	 Omitting this parameter, will create a channel for every user that connects to the pc. 
 -u=	 Optional Domain\Username of a user account that has access to the computer 
 	 via WMI service. 
 -p=	 Optional Password or Passhash of a user account that has access to the computer 
 	 via WMI service. 

Created on May 6, 2015 10:42:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.