What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Computer group alert false alarm

Votes:

Hello, I have computers under one group "computers" I want to be able to see the free space, cpu, ping etc etc. But if one computer is shutdown because the user have holidays, it isn't a "alert" as one server alert.

It's possible to mute the alerts from a group?

Thanks in advance.

alerts computers falsealarms

Created on May 6, 2015 3:19:20 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

There are multiple possibilities to avoid the alerts:

It's up to you which possibility you choose for your environment.

Best regards

Created on May 12, 2015 7:43:10 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix

• Pause the device: I will not get new information about the device if the computer goes on. I want to see the information about the computers.
  • Automatically Acknowldege of the alarms: That's cool, could be a solution, but I need to do it in every sensor of every machine. It's possible to do it in one "Group" . I have all my computers under the same group.
  • Dependencies to other objects: If I'm not mistaken I have the same trouble than before, I don't want to pause the computers.

The idea is quite simple, I want to check the health of my computers but, I don't want to have alerts when someone is in holidays. Maybe this software is not oriented to check 8h working computers, just 24h alive devices.

Thanks in advance.

Created on May 13, 2015 2:31:18 PM

Votes:

Hi Joannet,

I agree that the second option might be the best for you. You can add a State Trigger on group level, this trigger will be inherited by all objects below by default. Please note that you would need to stop the inheritance for sensors which should not be acknowledged immediately.

You can also add a Schedule to the Auto Acknowledge Notification so that it will just acknowledge alarms outside your business hours.

Best regards

Created on May 18, 2015 6:44:40 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.