What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Increase font for sunburst on a map

Votes:

Hi, We created a map that has a sunburst and we want to increase the font size. we've tried to apply some CSS but we didn't succeed. how can it be done please?

font maps sunburst

Created on May 7, 2015 11:12:43 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear tzihad

The font size is mostly limited by its height when the outer rays are rendered. I am sorry, but we have currently no plans to make the sunburst configurable through the user interface. A javascript can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript\, called _Prtg.ObjectTree.Sunburst.Plugin.js. This file includes the font size computation.

Please note that changes to that file are not covered by technical support.

Created on Aug 25, 2015 8:44:33 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

9 Replies

Votes:

Dear Dimak

The sunburst font size is automatically chosen by PRTG and cannot be changed. PRTG tries to find the optimal font size to usefully label as many object as possible while avoiding too many abridged labels.

Created on May 7, 2015 3:13:13 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

But if it is not well enough for our needs, Can't we change it with CSS or anything?

Created on May 8, 2015 5:02:20 AM

Votes:

Changing the font size in sunburst would help the reading image in large screen in monitoring room. Even changing the percentage on fill would be good.

Created on Aug 25, 2015 6:54:18 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear tzihad

The font size is mostly limited by its height when the outer rays are rendered. I am sorry, but we have currently no plans to make the sunburst configurable through the user interface. A javascript can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript\, called _Prtg.ObjectTree.Sunburst.Plugin.js. This file includes the font size computation.

Please note that changes to that file are not covered by technical support.

Created on Aug 25, 2015 8:44:33 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Perfect! changed the font size to bigger, it cuts a little bit the long text but at least now we can see well everything on our monitor :) Thanks!

Created on Aug 25, 2015 9:57:08 AM

Votes:

Can we please at least have a decent font for the sunburst? Like a Sans Serif of any kind?

Created on Feb 14, 2017 10:35:42 AM

Votes:

Dear comma

The sunburst already uses a sans-serif typeface.

Created on Feb 14, 2017 1:52:40 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Arne, With my installation it does now, with the last update.

Created on Feb 23, 2017 1:18:48 PM

Votes:

Dimak , what did you change to get a bigger fontsize ? i looked into the java file but i have no clue where the font calculation takes place.

I changed the /1.8 to different values , so as *1.5 , buth both to no success

the fontsize is so small i cant even read it on 2 stacked 17"monitors each showing half the sunburst map.

Created on Sep 27, 2017 10:50:57 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.