What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Redundant Powersupply cisco 3560x

Votes:

Hi

I uses switches with redundant power supply - the problem is when the redundant supply goes down and come back again the System Health Power Supplies Sensor stay's on error.(The switch don't reboot because the other power supply is working) Both power supply are o.k.(checked it on the cli) I have to reboot the switch and re-add the System Health Power Supplies Sensor to get the sensor o.k.

Have you any suggestions what i can do

Thanks Plane1

cisco health power

Created on May 8, 2015 6:18:18 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

As far as I know this has to do with the fans of the PSU getting a new OID after a reboot, hence the power supply will error. As of right now, you might want to remove the lookup on that channel in it's options and use a SNMP custom sensor to monitor the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.5.1.3.index

Use the same lookup file as the original sensor did. Now, after the reboot, you can change the OID accordingly. Use the SNMP Tester and do a walk on the OID to get the correct index value (and replace the index in the OID with it).

Sorry, that's all that we can do about it :(

Created on May 12, 2015 1:50:51 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.