What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modify Templates and Devices

Votes:

Good day, is it possible to modify or add sensors to multiple devices to the same time?

I only ask because, found that only through templates or cloning can be done, but when I make a template with services (WMI) does not show the services I am adding and need. Why?

If I change or create a template test, I can just remove it from the root path where the program was installed?

Perhaps the clone or manually create the sensor is easy, but when you have over 200 devices is not feasible and human error increases, can you help with this? Or do I have to do it manually one by one ...?

It would be good that this was already included in updates of each month ...

Sorry for the translation...

modify-sensor modify-templates wmi-service

Created on May 8, 2015 4:39:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Felipe.

No, it is not possible to add a sensor to many devices at once, though you can modify many sensors at once using the multi-edit feature.

Manual: Multi-edit

What version are you using? I've just tested and can confirm that the "WMI Service" works from within a template, Just select the custom template when running the auto-discovery. (Tested on version 15.2.16)

And yes, you can simply delete the "odt" template files of old, test or unused templates within PRTG's folder. (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates)

If you have further issues, please provide some further details. There are sensor's that don't work within templates, the list is available at:

Manual: Templates

Created on May 15, 2015 8:18:24 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.