What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG freezes my system after installation

Votes:

I have installed PRTG Network Monitor Trial on my Windows Server 2012 Essentials. During or exactly after the installation my whole system freezes. No BlueScreen, no Reboot, i only see my freezed desktop.

If i reboot it via reset button/power loss all works fine till: - i want start PRTG Network Monitor or Enterprise Console -> Freeze - i want to uninstall PRTG Network Monitor -> Freeze

There is no log folder. Or i didnt find it. I searched the PRTG Folder in Programs and my User profiles.

This happened on my old installation and on my new installation(it is 18 hours old) the only thing installed are some drivers(tv card f.e.) and the MediaPortal TV Server.

Im no expert on windows logs, but they look normal.

Is this a know problem? Is there any solution, i didnt find?

Im glad for your help.

2012 essentials freeze server windows

Created on May 8, 2015 11:32:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Please forward us a Support Bundle to [email protected] including the system log files for analysis. This can be done via the "Contact Support" ribbon in the lower right corner of the web interface.

Please enter this ticket's case number when submitting the Bundle. In case the web interface is not accessible, open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and send us the Log Files from the tab card "Logs and Infos".

If your PRTG server is not connected to the internet, manually create a Zip archive of the "Logs (System)" folder.  Use your ticket number as Zip file name. If the Zip file size is below 10 MB, you can send it as email file attachment.  Otherwise please upload it to our FTP server using the following credentials:

Server Name: ftp.support.paessler.com (standard port 21) FTP Mode: passive Username: customer Password: sendafile

Please contact us once the upload is complete. Please note that files on this server are not visible, you will not be able to get a directory listing.

Created on May 13, 2015 1:45:45 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.