What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why the log detail is it incomplete

Votes:

retail back probe Application warning is incomplete, oun it comes it? appears with the % symbol and not the corresponding information

probe (Tags): wmiapieventlogsensor Log File: Application Event Type: Warning

message: Could not retrieve params for eventlog entry (Faulting application name: %1, version: %2, time stamp: 0 x %3 Faulting module name: %4, version: %5, time stamp: 0 x %6 Exception code: 0 x %7 Fault offset: 0 x %8 Faulting process id: 0 x %9 Faulting application start time: 0 x % 10 Faulting application path: %11 Faulting module path: %12 Report Id: %13). EventLog of target computer might not be compatible.

the information that goes with the reports is identical

eventlog probe wmi-sensors

Created on May 12, 2015 8:19:35 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

What version of PRTG are you using?

Created on May 13, 2015 1:02:54 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 15.2.16.2230+

In addition to my request: This does not work for the log with status Down and Warning but works with the Notify status

Created on May 13, 2015 1:06:03 PM

Votes:

Hi,

What exactly do you mean with notify status? The variables get filled then?

Best,
Stephan

Created on May 15, 2015 6:52:48 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 15, 2015 6:53:07 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In the view of the log of the probe, the lines with Down and warning do not meet and stay with the % symbol

Conversely when the status is notify, it is filled

Created on May 18, 2015 6:32:53 AM

Votes:

What do you mean with status notify? Sorry, I'm afraid that we're either hitting a language barrier or use different terms for explaining :) Could you provide me with the steps you take to reproduce this error?

Created on May 20, 2015 7:23:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I'm french and I use Bing translator, is a person you spoke french, in order to be more easily able to speak? Can you speak french here?

Created on May 20, 2015 9:42:58 AM

Votes:

I found my mistake, I had taken wmiapieventlogsensor which only indicates Windows event log entries and not the detail instead of choosing wmieventlogsensor showing him the detail.

Created on Jun 2, 2015 12:07:02 PM

Votes:

Thanks for the update! Sorry that the old entry hasn't been unlocked, seemed to be a hiccup in the knowledgebase :) Glad that you found it in the end.

Created on Jun 2, 2015 12:24:50 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.