What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create ping threshold >Xms for all PING sensors?

Votes:

Hi there I have multiple devices, of which some have PING as a sensor. Sometimes, the devices upon which the PING sensor monitors,go well above the normal limit of <50ms. I would like to set up a threshold trigger that can be applied across ALL devices (or at least a selection of them),without having to go through ALL devices individually (say greater than 300ms over a 60 second period), and set this up/change it.

Is this possible, or do I need to (argghhh!!) go through every single PING sensor and set it up manually?

thanks

multiple-ping ping ping-sensor

Created on May 12, 2015 3:06:41 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

You could use a library for that - it lets you accumulate multiple sensors into nodes and you can create all kinds of notifications for that very node :)

That aaaargh gave me a good laugh by the way :D

Created on May 14, 2015 10:56:44 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Glad I made you smile ;-)

So I have grouped about 10 sensors, which are all simple PING sensors, into a node, under a new library called NR PING devices. But when I go to Notifications, and try to set up a new Threshold trigger for that Node, the only options are Primary or Total, and the sub options are bytes and seconds-whereas if I go into each individual sensor, I do get the option under Threshold of Ping time, Min,Max etc etc

Should I be able to set those Ping Time,Min,Max etc for the node/library?

cheers

Created on May 15, 2015 9:56:34 AM

Votes:

Ignore my last, looks like I figured it out!

cheers

Created on May 15, 2015 11:57:01 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.