What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I need to check the availability of SIP Provider

Votes:

I have 1 Cisco router that has 1 interface connected with SIP Provider. I am monitoring the WAN Interface but I need to know how I can monitor SIP Provider availability through ping and if it is not reachable, it should notification.

availability cisco ping

Created on May 13, 2015 3:15:38 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Simply create a new device with the SIP server as address and add a ping sensor to it. Then configure a state trigger notification for it to get notified. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface. :)

You might as well add a SIP Options Ping sensor to it.

Created on May 18, 2015 8:39:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 11:46:42 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.