What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

custom java(wrapped exe) calls oracle stored proc but PRTG reports

Votes:

Hi all, I created a custom java-based exe for use on advance\exe sensor returning resultset from a call to an oracle stored procedure (inspired by SQLspXML). When testing the executable it generates the xml from resultset and writes to standard output as expected like below sample. However, when use from PRTG via advance\exe sensor, the sensor displays PE233 error. note that I used same parameter. Now I am clueless as to what is causing this issue. Is it simply a privilege issue (PRTG call to Oracle) or somethings wrong with my xml output? Please help me. Thanks.

PRTG Error: XML: The returned xml does not match the expected schema. (code: PE233) -- JSON: The returned json does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231)

XML output: <prtg><result><CHANNEL>ServiceName</CHANNEL><Value>20</Value></result><Text><Ok/></Text></prtg>

advance-exe custom-sensor java oracle pe233 xml

Created on May 17, 2015 12:10:27 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

all good. forgot to check if a JRE is installed in the PRTG server. now running and PRTG is displaying the channels but I noticed PE018 Timeout sometimes. not sure why. When I test the code, it returns within 60seconds. so i dont get why it's being reported as timeout.

Created on May 19, 2015 7:05:34 AM

Votes:

Hi,

<Ok/> should simply be Ok

Created on May 19, 2015 8:23:09 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.