What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Compatibility Options - Timeout Method - not working?

Votes:

We recently updated PRTG to 15.2.16.2230 and have started getting a LOT of RPC/WMI timeout issues that didn't exist before.

I have set the Scanning Interval to 5 minutes on all WMI sensors and the Timeout Method to the recommended 1.5x scanning interval, but I STILL get alerts within 1-2 minutes after an WMI query fails. I would expect that the Timeout Method would wait for 7.5 minutes for an WMI query to resolve before sending out a warning.

Am I doing something wrong perhaps? Or is this not working as intended?

Very odd that this started after the update to 15.2.16.2230. Never had any RPC/WMI issues before that, even with a 60 sec scanning interval.

prtg rpc wmi

Created on May 26, 2015 5:37:47 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Could you please forward a Support Bundle so that we can take a look at your installation to see if there are any irregularities? You can forward the bundle via the Web GUI or Enterprise Console Setup > Contact Support.

Best regards

Created on May 28, 2015 12:23:18 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.