What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I monitor VMWare Tools

Votes:

I would like to be able to monitor the status of vmware tools on virtual machines, if they are running or not. Is this possible with PRTG?

monitoring snmp vmware

Created on May 27, 2015 1:52:51 AM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear JSherwood

This is currently not possible with PRTG's default sensors. This feature is on our radar, though. However I cannot give you an estimate when this feature will be implemented. Currently we are occupied with the implementation and tests other features.

Created on May 28, 2015 1:33:38 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'll +1 this.

Created on Feb 28, 2017 2:31:39 PM

Votes:

Hello, are there any news on this topic? The monitoring of the virtual machine hardware versions would also be interesting.

many greetings Michael

Created on Dec 11, 2019 9:45:35 AM

Votes:

Hello,

with the amount of feedback we get, other sensors have higher priority at this time. Monitoring virtual machines is important, other sensors are in demand as well. There is no estimate when, or even if we implement such sensor.

Created on Dec 11, 2019 1:49:16 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

that's not the answer I was hoping for.

Created on Dec 12, 2019 9:29:36 AM

Votes:

Hello,

we want to be honest and if a feature does not have the priority to be implemented soon, we communicate that openly. Our roadmap shows what we are working on, what we plan in the foreseeable future, and what we are looking at in longer terms.

Created on Dec 12, 2019 4:45:06 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.