What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IIS monitoring resource usage per app pool

Votes:

Is it possible to use PRTG to monitor the resource usage per IIS app pool? (in a shared hosting environment, there are multiple sites and customers on a single server, so to get the metrics properly, we would need to know how much a single app pool is using in terms of CPU, RAM and Storage. also, live and historical monitoring and custom alerts and reports for these metrics would be required.)

iis monitoring reports

Created on May 29, 2015 8:22:02 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

Please have a look at the PerfCounter IIS Application Pool Sensor. I'm afraid that this is the only native sensor to monitor an IIS Application Pool at the moment, if you need more detailed information you might want to create your own sensor using the EXE/Script Advanced Sensor.

Best regards

Created on Jun 1, 2015 12:09:04 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Given that I am quite bad at scripting/writing those kind of things, could you perhaps tell me if it is at least possible to create such a sensor that would read out the metrics i asked about?

Created on Jun 3, 2015 7:56:16 AM

Votes:

Hi, it looks like that it is possible by scanning the IIS Worker Process utilization using the Performance Monitor and analyzing it with the DebugDiag tool described in this article, but this will need to be done outside of PRTG, sorry.

Created on Jun 4, 2015 11:30:22 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.