What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Update/replace object on a map

Votes:

I placed a live graph for a ping sensor on a map. A lot of them actually. I'd like to change those to two day graphs. I don't see a way to easily change the object. From what I can see I have to delete it, dig down to it again in the device tree, then dig down to the proper graph in the list, drag it over and reposition it.

Is there a way to just change the graph type without having to go through all that?

map-designer map-objects maps

Created on May 29, 2015 12:08:47 PM

Last change on May 29, 2015 12:33:12 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello dreniarb,

Within the map editor select the object already placed in the map, then browse the Object List on the right of the editor and double click the new map object you'd like to use instead.

The procedure is described in our Manual:Map Designer

Created on May 29, 2015 12:32:10 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I could SWEAR I tried that already, honestly. :)

It works of course.

Thanks.

Created on May 29, 2015 12:35:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.