What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cancel shut down notification - leave the rest

Votes:

Hi, I have few laptops under my prtg account. I'm getting notification each time a laptop shuts down. I don't want to receive those notifications but, i do want to recieve all other data notifications. As an example - A Laptop with low disk space: I want to know the disk space is low but i do not want to see when the laptop turns off. Please advise...

down-sensors laptops shut-down

Created on May 31, 2015 5:44:38 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Usually the ping sensor is master object for parent device. That means that all other sensors will get paused if this sensor is in down state. Just put no notification on the ping sensor and you wont get a notification on shutdown.

Another suggestion is to activate "Auto Acknowledge" for the ping sensor. With that you will prevent your state bar from having much unacknowledged down states.

Regards
Birk Guttmann

Created on Jun 1, 2015 9:35:44 AM

Last change on Jun 1, 2015 9:43:26 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.