What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Host Performance Sensor Errors since 15.2.16.2229

Votes:

Hello,

I am running three PRTG instances -- two 15.1.15.2021 on HP DL380 G6s running HP images of VMware 5.5 one 15.2.16.2229 on a HP N54L (microserver) also running an HP image of VMware 5.5.

Everything was working great on the N54L until I performed the latest PRTG upgrade. Since then, twice, both on Sundays, I have received the following error...

PRTG Network Monitor (WS2008)] MicroServer VMware Host Performance MicroServer (VMware Host Performance (SOAP)) Down (XML: Out of memory -- JSON: The returned json does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231))

As far as I can tell the VMware host in question system is running fine. The sensor stops collecting data until it has been restarted. It then appears to run for about a week before tripping up on something again.

Any idea what is going on?

host-performance prtg vmware

Created on Jun 1, 2015 3:40:01 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Can you try to reboot your PRTG server? The issue should be solved by that. This is probably due to a bug in the current stable version which will soon be fixed. Please bear with us on this one.

Created on Jun 2, 2015 12:31:40 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I started seeing this same issue this morning where PRTG is reporting this error on a group of HP DL360-G8 ESXi hosts. Rebooted both Windows servers (2008-R2) that host PRTG in a cluster and then upgraded PRTG to 18.3.43.2323+ but the warnings persist. Will keep a watch on this issue.

Created on Sep 17, 2018 5:44:34 PM

Votes:

Hi Jim,

The DL360 Gen8 are no longer supported by the latest ESXi version (according to VMWare). Did you upgrade the systems prior to the error occurring by any chance? I assume the errors in the sensor include the L2 cache and other hardware stuff (to a vast amount)?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 18, 2018 8:43:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.