What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do i monitor the broadcast and multicast traffic on interface level through PRTG Network Monitor

Votes:

How should i add in PRTG Network monitor 7.2 for measuring the level of broadcast and multicast on interface level to set the storm control .i need to dispaly my graph in bytes/bits per sec.

broadcast-muticast custom-sensor prtg

Created on Jul 6, 2010 6:39:43 PM

Last change on Jul 9, 2010 12:30:06 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

you would need the OIDs of those counters in order to use Custom SNMP Sensors, there could you configure the unit, or use multiplication/devision settings to get the desired information. Otherwise it's only possible to monitor broadcast/multicast packets on SNMP Traffic Sensors.

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 7, 2010 1:51:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.