What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Libraries

Votes:

Is there any way to see which user created a library?

I've been getting the overload protection warning in PRTG and the logs are pointing towards libraries created by an account with a changed password.

To avoid having to delete all my libraries and recreate them all with a valid account would be nice to be able to identify which libraries are causing the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

libraries overload-protection user-accounts

Created on Jun 5, 2015 10:47:18 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Open up your configuration file (usually C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Configuration.dat ) and search for the library name, for example:

<name>
 Testlibrary
</name>

The OwnerID is the ID of the user that created it. Then search for
<user id="the-user-id"> to get to the user. I know, a bit tedious, we're currently searching for ways to simplify this :)

Created on Jun 8, 2015 8:22:38 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Stephan,

I'll try that and recreate the appropriate libraries.

Michael

Created on Jun 8, 2015 9:12:42 AM

Votes:

Hi,

since one of the last releases there is a new feature - histiory of objects like libraries.

So if you go to libraries and then to the 3 quickbuttons on the right upper corner you can select the "history".

There you see who added or deleted a library.

Best Regards,

Created on Jun 9, 2015 5:12:56 AM by  Waltraud Bestelmeyer (110) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.