What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Secondary PRTG monitoring

Votes:

I have two set of PRTG with different license. What is the best method to monitor the secondary PRTG service from the primary server?

monitoring prtg secondary

Created on Jun 8, 2015 4:47:12 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You could also use the HTTP Advanced sensor with the following URL: http://<your-prtg-server>/group.htm?id=0&tabid=1&username=<your-prtguser>&passhash=<your-passhash>

...and make it watch for the keyword PRTG System Administrator (or whatever username you use for logging in). This way you can monitor if login works properly.

Created on Jun 8, 2015 8:56:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Well, there are several methods:

Created on Jun 8, 2015 7:53:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In my case, I found the services were up, ping normal, the login page shown. However, all the consoles failed to login, keep loading after enter username and password via web browser. Finally, I need to restart the core server service to resume the service. I only set ping sensor before, but failed to monitor the problem. Is that monitor the Windows services via SNMP could solve the problem? I also tried use HTTP transaction sensor, but failed to find the ketword on the welcome page which after login.

Created on Jun 8, 2015 8:32:11 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You could also use the HTTP Advanced sensor with the following URL: http://<your-prtg-server>/group.htm?id=0&tabid=1&username=<your-prtguser>&passhash=<your-passhash>

...and make it watch for the keyword PRTG System Administrator (or whatever username you use for logging in). This way you can monitor if login works properly.

Created on Jun 8, 2015 8:56:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's work. Thanks a lot.

Created on Jun 9, 2015 11:31:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.