What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable To Add Custom SNMP Library

Votes:

Hi there,

I am trying to monitor my Fortigate Firewall on PRTG. I managed to get the MIB files and also i import the MIB files using MIB Importer. Once import, i save it on \snmplibs

In order for me to view all the functionality from my fortigate on PRTG, i have to add add sensor under SNMP in "Technology Used" and choose the correct oidb files.

Once i choose it, Its show that "Working" and "Preparing Sensor Settings" and the pages freeze.

Kindly do help on this.

fortigate hangs mib-importer oidlib partial-selection snmp-library

Created on Jun 10, 2015 10:10:13 AM

Last change on Jun 10, 2015 3:29:11 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

We've seen issues with the Fortigate MIB before, this is the reply from another KB post:

The fg ip sess within Fortinet-Fortigate-MIB.mib has a huge amount of sub-itens, it referrs to the IPv4 and IPv6 sessions.

Using partial selection it is possible to remove the 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.11.2 nodes, turning the scan required to add the library sensors within PRTG very fast and preventing it from hanging.

We've seen a partial walk from the 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.11.2 node which had more than 4317 sub-items. (All related to IP sessions, actually all IP sessions probably)

Original reply: MIB problems: PRTG hangs when adding SNMP library sensor

Created on Jun 10, 2015 3:28:24 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.